Thursday, March 10, 2016

If This, Then What?!?

I've been trying to get a handle on my social media posting.  Basically I want to be able to post once and have it feed to all of my media outlets.  I finally figured out this recipe through ifttt.com...

If I post to Instagram, it posts to Twitter -- picture and text...

Twitter posts forward to Facebook.

If I post to YouTube, it posts to Twitter...then to Facebook.

If I post to Instagram, it saves a copy of the picture and the text to an IFTTT Google folder.

Then it hit me....what about folks not on social media?  So, I added a PGM Announcements blog:  pgmannouncements.blogspot.com

Now, if I post to Instagram, it creates a new post on the pgmannouncements blog.

2 comments:

  1. Still trying to wrap my brain around this, but it sounds like a real time-saver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been! I'm not saying it was the easiest to setup, but it has been worth it! If you decide to give it a try, I'll be happy to help! Just shoot me an email heathermorin @ lowndes.k12.ga.us

      :-)

      Delete